For the bake a savoury tart challenge I needed to make some cheese pastry for the base.
- 200 g flour
- 150 g chilled butter cubed
- 150 g grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to season
- place the flour and the butter into a food processor with a dough hook and process until it resembles bread crumbs
- add the cheese and seasoning and blend until the mixture forms a ball - be patient, this takes some time!
- chill the dough for 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180° Celsius
- flour your working surface and carefully roll out your pastry to the size of your flan tin
- bake blind for 15 minutes