I love mushrooms – all sorts and I found an exotic mushroom mix at Woolworths. As soon as I put these into the trolley, I had to think what I was going to do with them. I have a lovely award winning recipe for 5 mushroom pasta and was more than ready to do this when I discovered fresh pasta sheets. Now, I normally make my own – but this was during the week and any time saving help I can get is more than welcome.
- 300g mix of Shiitake, Portabellini, Shimeji, King and Button Mushrooms, sliced
- 50g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 handful fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 200g broccoli florets
- 4 lasagne sheets (the pack has 12 and I have frozen the rest)
- heat the butter and the oil in a frying pan and add a handful of the mushrooms as soon as the butter has melted.
- as soon as these have cooked, add another handful and repeat the process until all the mushrooms have cooked
- add the white wine and seasoning and allow the mushrooms to cook completely
- remember, you can never overcook mushrooms and you should boil the wine for 30 seconds before adding to the mushrooms
- add the cream and allow to heat through and then add the parley
- while you are doing this, bring a pot of water to the boil
- once the water is boiling, add salt and the pasta sheets
- put the broccoli florets into a steamer insert and cook for 3 minutes
- drain and serve by placing the broccoli on a plate, then a pasta sheet, then some of the sauce, another pasta sheet and the last of the sauce
Click on the links for conversions and notes.