These fruit and nut truffles were made all the better as they made use of my own dried apricots. Dave managed to devour them all before I could get enough photographs, they were that good.
I have always kept my handbag in the boot while driving. This was a habit I started when I got my first car. At that stage I was 18 and in my final year of high school. I used to drive through to my boyfriend’s house at night and as it was through some dodgy areas I did not want anything visible in the car. Considering this was before cellphones if anything had happened to me I would not have been able to call anyone. About 6 years later smash and grabs became common practice in Johannesburg. I can clearly recall driving to David’s work and someone throwing a brick at my window. The window did not break and you could see the anger on his face at this. I think he would have been more upset had he realized there was nothing for him to steal.
Today’s inspiration ♥ Recipe For Fruit And Nut Truffles ♥ can be found on Lavender and Lime Click To Tweet
I also leave my handbag in my car while we are at work. There is no reason for me to bring it into the office. And my car is within my sight all day, and has an alarm so I doubt anyone will try to break into it. But the other morning I was reconciling my account and I realized one of the slips was still in my wallet. So I went out to the car to get it, and did not open the boot fully. It closed on my head and I saw stars! The bruise is amazing and when I went to gym the next day I could feel it when I laid down to do some stretching. I decided to make myself feel better by making a batch of these fruit and nut truffles. They are simple to make, and delicious to eat!
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
Fruit And Nut Truffles
- 90 g dried apricots
- 35 g dried figs
- 10 g preserved ginger
- 25 g pistachios lightly toasted
- 75 g 70% dark chocolate
- 25 g coconut oil
- Roughly chop the dried fruit and preserved ginger
- Place into a food processor and blitz until fine
- Add the pistachios and blitz until combined
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave and stir to combine
- Then add the fruit and nut mixture and stir to mix in evenly
- Leave to cool slightly so that the mixture is slightly solid and easy to work
- Shape into balls * and place each one onto a lined baking tray
- Refrigerate to set and store in the fridge in an airtight container