I have wanted to make a tart au citron (lemon tart) for quite some time, as I love the way it sounds. And it is something we often choose in France. Afternoon treats are always in order when on holiday.
And after making this lemon tart I love the way it tastes. It is packed full of flavour and it you like a tart tart, then this one is for you. The lemon tart is easy to make and you can serve this for dessert after a heavy meal to end your dinner with something refreshing. Lemons are a staple ingredient in my fridge and I am hoping now that our garden is taking shape to plant a lemon tree very soon. I use mainly the zest of the lemons and then end up cutting what is left over into quarters or eighths and placing the pieces into the freezer to use instead of ice blocks.
Tart Au Citron | Lemon Tart
- 3 eggs
- 100 g sugar - I used fructose
- 75 g butter melted
- Juice and zest of 5 lemons
- Preheat the oven to 240° Celsius
- Place all of the ingredients into a large bowl and whisk until combined
- Pour into a prepared pastry shell
- Bake for 12 minutes
- Leave to cool completely before cutting
What I blogged:
- two years ago – Friday’s Food Quiz
- three years ago – Pear and Butterscotch Tart
- four years ago – Chorizo and Mushroom Pasta