I love patty pans and Dave loves baby marrows so when I saw a pack of mixed marrows at Woolworths I bought it, hoping to satisfy both of our taste buds. These were turned into a lovely mixed marrow pasta sauce, perfect for Tandy Tuesday.
Mixed Marrow Pasta
- 15 mls lemon infused olive oil
- 125 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 stalk rosemary, leaves picked and chopped
- 2 baby marrows, sliced
- 2 patty pans, sliced
- 2 sun dried tomatoes, sliced
- 30 mls crème fraîche
- while the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a frying pan
- add the mushrooms and as soon as they start cooking, add the garlic and the rosemary
- add the marrows, the patty pans and the sun dried tomatoes
- loosen the sauce with some of the pasta water
- add the crème fraîche
- toss through the pasta and serve
The ingredients I used for my Mixed Marrow Pasta:
- lemon infused olive oil: if you don’t have this, use ordinary olive oil. If you have some lemons, add a generous amount of the peel while you heat the oil.
- mushrooms are a staple ingredient in my fridge and I usually buy sliced ones for cooking as they are most cost effective
- garlic is a pantry ingredient I cannot be without. Buy nice firm cloves and don’t worry if they sprout. If it bothers you, plant them to harvest your own crop
- I have a rosemary plant in my garden. They grow very big which means you can trim them into stunning shapes if you want to
- marrows, zucchini or courgettes are a vegetable both Dave and I love. We often braai these straight over the fire, with a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper
- patty pans are also known as summer squash. These are not Dave’s favourites and I no longer buy them
- I love sun dried tomatoes and will use the oil in my salad dressing when the jar is empty
- crème fraîche is another staple ingredient which I prefer to sour cream
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
13 thoughts on “Mixed Marrow Pasta For Tandy Tuesday”
That looks so tasty!!!
thanks! hope you had a good day 🙂
Woolworths and I are going to get reacquainted as soon as I hit South African soil.
Great sounding pasta Tandy – you could use it for Meatless Monday too.
it is so seldom that Dave and I have a completely meatless meal as in our house, bacon seems to creep into the dishes I plan on being meatless 🙂
I have the same problem. 😉
well, we will have to make bacon a vegetable then 🙂
Bacon is a veg here ;p
great minds think alike 🙂