Once a week, I try to make a totally vegetarian meal – but that does not always go to plan. Bacon is the ingredient that mostly creeps into my vegetarian plans, and this is why I made Pasta With Tomatoes, Avocado And Bacon. I prefer to call bacon a condiment. It is an ingredient you will always find in my fridge and I really use it to flavour many dishes. I have been known to make popcorn in bacon fat. And no weekend breakfast of omelette will be without bacon.
Pasta with Tomatoes, Avocado and Bacon
- 15 mls olive oil
- 1 clove garlic cut in half
- 10 cherry tomatoes quartered
- 2 rashers bacon sliced
- 1 avocado roughly chopped in big chunks
- 180 g pasta
- warm the olive oil in a pan and add the garlic and the tomatoes
- take the pan off the heat and allow the tomatoes to infuse
- remove the tomatoes and garlic and return the pan to the heat
- cook the bacon until crispy
- add back the tomatoes and the avocado
- toss in the cooked pasta, season and serve
These Tandy Tuesday pasta dishes were a regular feature on my blog at the beginning. In 2010 it was all about quick recipes shared every single day. I would cook our meal at night and take a photograph in our kitchen. These photos were taken with my cell phone and with no special lighting. Or consideration to composition. I wrote the recipe down as I made the dish. And the following day I would type up the blog post (as you see it above). The recipe was shared with the world at large and hopefully enjoyed by anyone who tried it.