Once a week, I try to make a totally vegetarian meal – but that does not always go to plan. Bacon is the ingredient that mostly creeps into my vegetarian plans, and this is why I made Pasta With Tomatoes, Avocado And Bacon. I prefer to call bacon a condiment. It is an ingredient you will always find in my fridge and I really use it to flavour many dishes. I have been known to make popcorn in bacon fat. And no weekend breakfast of omelette will be without bacon.
Pasta with Tomatoes, Avocado and Bacon
- 15 mls olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 rashers bacon, sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled and roughly chopped in big chunks
- 180 g pasta
- warm the olive oil in a pan and add the garlic and the tomatoes
- take the pan off the heat and allow the tomatoes to infuse
- remove the tomatoes and garlic and return the pan to the heat
- cook the bacon until crispy
- add back the tomatoes and the avocado
- toss in the cooked pasta, season and serve
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
These Tandy Tuesday pasta dishes were a regular feature on my blog at the beginning. In 2010 it was all about quick recipes shared every single day. I would cook our meal at night and take a photograph in our kitchen. These photos were taken with my cell phone and with no special lighting. Or consideration to composition. I wrote the recipe down as I made the dish. And the following day I would type up the blog post (as you see it above). The recipe was shared with the world at large and hopefully enjoyed by anyone who tried it.
10 thoughts on “Pasta With Tomatoes, Avocado And Bacon”
I am soooooo hungry right now, can you hear my tummy rumble?
sending you some up right away!
snap ! did the same last night.. found these wonderful multi-coloured twirly worley pasta at P & P and made them with roasted vegies ! wonderful.
have a great day ( and I will do that carrot cake today…:):)
I love the multi coloured pasta’s!
Mmmm, sounds gorgeous. With bacon or without!
thanks – the bacon is an optional extra for sure.