My friend Jeanne who is better known as Cook Sister! recently was a key note speaker at the Food Bloggers Indaba and in her talk she recommended we submit our pasta recipes to Presto Pasta Nights. This was a natural and perfect suggestion for me, as my friend Cindy had coined “Tandy Tuesday’s” a while back to cover my challenge to make a pasta dish with only 5 ingredients. This is the basis for my weekly pasta dish and I am so glad that there is a whole world out there of people who love making pasta dishes. Pasta is a staple meal in our house and usually we eat pasta on a Friday night. I get home late, and this is the easiest meal to prepare. Any pasta dish can be made in half an hour and does not need constant attention. This is perfect for a family meal, or a meal for one. I recommend always making left overs so that you have lunch for the next day to look forward to.
- start cooking your pasta
- heat the olive oil in a pan
- add the spring onions and sauté until soft
- add the mushrooms and cook until soft
- add the chorizo and artichoke hearts
- add the white wine
- as soon as the alcohol has burnt off add the asparagus
- season and add the cream cheese
- when the cream cheese has melted you may need to add some pasta water to loosen the sauce
- toss your pasta through the sauce
- add the parsley
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
I am submitting this recipe to: Presto Pasta Nights, which is being hosted this week by Once Upon A Feast