A few years ago Dave and I decided that we would get a new side by side freezer/fridge for our joint Christmas present. The one I wanted will not fit into our new kitchen and so I had to settle for something different. It works well for the OCD part of me as the freezer drawers are marked – meat, chicken, fish, vegetables and ICE CREAM! It has a DIY ice maker and loads of freezer space. Given that I like to cook in rotation: meat, chicken, fish, vegetarian – the freezer works really well for me. I buy my meat and chicken as needed, and in bulk and then I freeze in portions. I then take out the protein we are having, and the meal we end up eating is decided by the protein we have out. The day after I made the coriander pesto, we had chicken on the menu, and so I decided to use the two ingredients to create this dish.
- while the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large frying pan
- season and seal the chicken and remove from the pan
- sauté the shallot until soft
- add the chilli flakes and the chicken
- stir in the pesto and the crème fraîche
- you may need to loosen the sauce with at least 1 tablespoon of the pasta water