I fancied up this Courgette Velouté by adding crispy prosciutto to it. This is really a simple and easy recipe that is certain to impress.
The weekend after cleaning out the freezer I tackled the fridge in the scullery. This is our daily use fridge but somehow I still managed to accumulate jars of stuff. In one jar I found a lone jalapeño pepper. In fact, it had the bottom half cut off. Which means at some stage Dave used some of it as I avoid them at all times. I am not that phased about best before and use by dates. First I open the jar and make sure nothing is growing on top of the contents. After that I do the sniff test. Unless it is cream, then I get Dave to check for me. The smell of sour milk makes me want to be ill. If something looks OK to use it I will go ahead and do so.
Today’s inspiration ♥ Recipe For Courgette Velouté ♥ can be found on Lavender and Lime Click To Tweet
For the most part I am really good at using up what is in this fridge. I have constant daily reminders and very seldom have to throw anything away. I will come up with innovative ways to use left overs or send them to work with Dave for his lunch. December was chaotic and after making my noodle salad, I had all the inners of the courgettes left over. The children were coming to us for Boxing Day dinner and I decided to make a courgette velouté topped with a crispy slice of prosciutto. I wanted something simple and easy to do so that I could concentrate on our grandchild and spending time with her before she went to sleep.
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
- 15 g butter
- 15 g flour
- 375 mls vegetable stock
- 335 g courgettes thickly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
- 125 mls water to thin
- Place the butter into a sauce pan and melt over a medium temperature
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute
- Slowly whisk in the stock and once combined, add the courgettes
- Season to taste and leave to simmer until the courgettes are soft
- Set aside to cool before blending
- Thin with the water and reheat
- Adjust the seasoning before serving