I just loved the idea of The Secret Recipe Club when I saw it and I have joined up. Each blogger is assigned a participating food blogger to make a recipe from. As it’s a secret, all posts are published at the same time from each group of bloggers. I was given Jennifer Sikora’s blog For Such A Time As This as my secret blog. Jennifer has been blogging since 2007. She is a baker, loves to shop and is a dog mom – sounds like we have a few things in common. I chose Jennifer’s recipe for Herb Crusted Pork Loin as the dish I would prepare. Below you will find my adaption of the recipe. This was made necessary as I could not find untrimmed pork loin and so bought a pork belly roast to cook. As the weight of my roast was exactly half that of the one given my Jennifer I halved her rub. You could smell the garlic cooking, and the meat tasted great. What a great way to try something new!
- take the roast out of the fridge at allow to dry on a rack for at least 2 hours
- preheat the oven to 180° Celsius
- pat the pork dry
- combine the salt, oil, garlic and herbs in a bowl
- massage the mixture onto the pork with your fingers, ensuring you cover the meat and the fat
- place the pork on a rack in a roasting pan
- roast for 30 minutes per 500g of meat, plus an additional 25 minutes
- allow to rest for 10 minutes – we did this under the grill to crisp up the fat to make crackling
Click on the links for conversions and notes.