I just love mini pork sausages instead of the big fat ones, as they cook quicker and there is never a chance of burning the skin while waiting for the inside to be cooked through. I have served mine with a sweet potato mash.
This is a simple supper and takes as long to prepare as it takes for the potatoes to steam!
- 14 mini pork bangers / sausages
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 15mls cream cheese
- 15g butter
- 4 baby marrows, sliced
- 8 button mushrooms, sliced
- 8 baby tomatoes cut in half
- 2 rashers bacon, sliced
- 1 handful fresh rocket, roughly chopped
- put a pot of water onto boil while you do the preparation
- as soon as the water has boiled, place the potatoes into the steamer insert and allow to steam
- in a separate pan cook the bacon and as soon as the fat has rendered down, add the tomatoes
- then add the pork sausages and the marrows and the mushrooms
- allow to cook, by which time the potatoes should be soft
- tip the water out of the pot and add the butter and allow to melt
- as soon as it has melted, add the potatoes and the cream cheese and mash until you get a smooth consistency
- add the rocket to the tomatoes, plate up and enjoy with a glass of shiraz
Click on the links for conversions and notes.