I am submitting this recipe for Mushroom Pasta With Truffle Oil to Presto Pasta Nights, which is being hosted this week by Three Cookies. Presto Pasta Nights is a great blogosphere get together. Here bloggers around the world unite to showcase their pasta recipes.
Mushrooms are one of the two ingredients I am never without. The other would be tomatoes. Mushrooms go with everything and it is their versatility I embrace. However, they are also very good for you and should form a part of your daily food requirements. They are rich in Vitamin D and will help fight off the common winter cold. This super food is, in my opinion, highly underrated. The common white or button mushroom is widely available and can be eaten raw or cooked, whatever takes your fancy. Do not expose your mushrooms to water when cleaning them and do not crowd your pan full of mushrooms when cooking them. This recipe was inspired after our olive oil tasting at Morgenster and I am going to make much more use of my truffle oil than I have in the past.
Mushroom Pasta with Truffle Oil
- 15 mls lemon infused olive oil
- 125 g mushrooms sliced
- 15 mls cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
- 15 g Parmesan grated
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley chopped
- 5 mls truffle oil
- while your pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan
- cook the mushrooms until soft
- add the cream and season to taste
- add the Parmesan and allow to melt
- toss the pasta through the sauce
- mix in the parsley and the truffle oil before serving