When Dave and I moved to Gordons Bay we were really struggling. We were lucky enough to be invited to join someone crayfishing and this became our standard protein of choice. Crayfish as eaten steamed, poached, grilled, braaid and in every combination of pasta you can imagine. I made crayfish macaroni cheese on more than one occasion. Now, we go out crayfishing for the love of the water, and we have a freezer full of tails for the special meals with friends. This pasta dish is a lovely way to use your crayfish if you too have an excess of them.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 chilli, left whole
- 125g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 crayfish tails, steamed and cut into thick slices
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 25g Parmesan, grated
- small handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- While your pasta is cooking, heat the butter in a large frying pan
- Sauté the spring onions and garlic until soft
- Add the chilli and the mushrooms
- As soon as the mushrooms are cooked, remove the chilli
- Add the crayfish and allow to warm through
- Add the cream and the Parmesan
- Toss the cooked pasta through the sauce
- Serve garnished with the parsley
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
PS I know this is my second crayfish pasta submission but I am not at home and had this one ready to press!