I am convinced that less is more when it comes to pasta sauces and this Pasta With Salmon And Avocado was definitely moreish. When avocados are in season I tend to buy them to enjoy as an everyday treat. When they are out of season I look for frozen avocado, or guacamole made with previously frozen fruit.
Pasta with Salmon and Avocado
- 15 mls olive oil
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 red chilli left whole
- 1 tin red salmon
- 60 mls crème fraîche
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
- 1 handful fresh dill finely chopped
- 1 handful fresh flat leaf parsley roughly chopped
- 1 avocado cut into chunks
- while you are boiling the water and cooking the pasta start preparing the sauce
- in a pan on a medium heat, cook the garlic in the olive oil and add the chilli
- allow to infuse for 5 minutes and remove the chilli
- add in the tinned salmon and 3 tablespoons crème fraîche
- season and allow to heat through
- minute before the pasta is done add the herbs, the avocado and the other tablespoon of crème fraîche
- adjust the seasoning, toss in the pasta and serve
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
Did you know you could freeze avocados? Well, I did not know this. But I have done so with great success since this blog post first appeared here. I buy trays of seasonal avocados and make various flavour combinations using them. All in a guacamole style. These are then put into freezer proof, lockable containers. Which means I can take them out whenever the craving appears. Since I first shared this recipe I have learnt Dave does not like avocado in hot meals. I am a huge fan, especially on pizza! So, a few slices of avocado kept frozen are perfect. The best way to store them is in a ziplock bag. It would be great if you could vacuum seal them, but that would end up in squished pieces. And whereas smashed avocado is great for toast, it is not perfect for pizza.
3 thoughts on “Pasta With Salmon And Avocado”
Some of my favourite ingredients 🙂 Yummy.
indeed – very yummy!