Woolworths have just launched a new range of pork sausages and as we enjoyed these so much on our visit to England in 2009 I decided to try them. We always have a tomato and onion relish to go with sausages or boerewors and it is so easy to make.
Tomato and Onion Relish
- 15 mls basil olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 5 mls sugar - I used fructose
- 125 g tomatoes sliced
- 2.5 cm root ginger peeled and crushed in the garlic crusher
- a splash of balsamic vinegar reduction - I use a flavoured one!
- heat the oil and add the onions and the sugar
- fry on a low heat until the onions are very well cooked but not burnt!
- add the tomatoes and the ginger
- as soon as the tomatoes start to break down add the balsamic vinegar
- serve and enjoy!