I thought long and hard about what my entry would be to the Woolworths soup competition and decided that this easy and delicious Broccoli And Cheese Soup could possibly be a winner. I have received so many comments about this recipe and I am hoping that this fits in with the easy ready to heat soups that Woolworths sell.
Broccoli and Cheese Soup
- 4 potatoes cubed
- 4 leeks sliced
- 1 head broccoli stalks cut into cubes and head into florets
- 30 mls vegetable stock powder
- 60 mls cream
- 4 cups grated cheese
- Place the potatoes and the leeks in a soup pot.
- Cover with water, add salt and bring to the boil.
- Add the broccoli stems and stock and simmer.
- Blanche the florets in a separate pot of water.
- Refresh in cold water and then purée.
- Remove the soup base from the heat and allow to cool.
- Purée the soup, add the broccoli and return to the heat.
- Add the cream and cheese and serve as soon as the cheese as melted.
For more recipes as simple and easy as this, purchase a copy of my cook book Lavender and Lime