Have you ever googled “internet dating”? If you do, you will get about 26,800,000 results in 0.17 seconds. I have not had to google this term before, but having been recently accused of some behaviour I thought I would. So, supposedly I set up a fake persona to ‘date’ someone. That means that out of the millions of websites out there that deal with internet dating, I chose the same one that she did. And then I created a persona that would match her criteria! So, once I had got the right website, I would have to find the right person. Given that people use avatar’s and screen names, this in itself would have been quite a feat. But, I have been accused of being capable of this. I am so clever apparently that I have been told I maintained this ‘affair’ for quite some time. I am not sure how I managed to do all of this, but it goes to confirm one thing for me – I am always going to be responsible in this person’s mind for all the bad things that befall her. Apparently, I am the source of all evil, much like Eve in the Garden of Eden when she accepted the apple, it was all the snake’s fault! It is much easier to blame me, than take responsibility herself. As for apples, well, they make the perfect accompaniment to a roast pork in my opinion and are better served up simply cooked, when you want more than a sauce.
- 15g butter
- 2 apples cored, and cut into eighths
- 3 sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon cabernet sauvignon vinegar (or any vinegar you have in your pantry)
- Freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
- Over a gentle heat, melt the butter in a frying pan
- Add the apples and the sage and cook until the apples have taken on some colour
- Add the vinegar and continue cooking the apples until they are completely cooked through
- Add a twist or two of black pepper and serve
Click on the links for conversions and notes.