My December holidays started with drinks at a friend, followed by supper out at the new Chinese place in the village. We got home late and after reading a chapter of my book I went to sleep hoping for a long lie in. I was awake by 5am and after pretending to sleep so that the dogs would settle down I got out of bed at 6am and made coffee. I had mine hot, read my book and blogs before making breakfast. After doing a few errands I turned my hand to baking this bread using pure instinct as to the baking time. My intention was to make rolls so I halved the recipe, but the batter was too thin for that so I placed the ingredients into my terrine, set the oven temperature to 180° Celsius and 20 minutes baking time and hoped for the best. I was most impressed with my guess work! Be careful however as this bread has quite a kick to it – and if you can handle the heat add another chilli. I served it with chopped coriander mixed in to plain cream cheese.
can you handle chilli heat?
Chilli Cheese Maize Bread
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl
- Pour into the bucket of your bread maker
- Smooth the top
- Use the bake setting and bake for 1 hour
- Once done remove the bucket from bread maker and allow to cool for 10 minutes
- Turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool top side up for 5 minutes
- Slice and serve warm