Baked feta is the perfect addition to a meze platter. This recipe calls for olives and sundried tomatoes. When scooped up with some flatbreads it is the perfect bite.
Finally, the day arrived, and Dave and I could go for our Visa appointment. I had all the documents we needed, in duplicate. And I had extra documents in case they needed them. The Italian Consulate have recently handed over their Visa processing to VFS. And for this, they have a new office in the centre of Cape Town. Dave and I parked the car, walked across the road and arrived with twenty minutes to spare. We were seen on time and together which was great. But their computer systems were down which was not good at all. Our application was checked and the documents placed into the order required. And these too were looked at by the agent. She was reluctant to include some of them, but I insisted. Especially the letter I had written to the Consul General asking for a five year Visa, and motivating for it.
I also had confirmation from the travel insurance company that our policy was for 90 days which she did not want to send to them. That was until I pointed out that it was a requirement for a long term Visa. Thankfully all the documents I wanted to have sent to the Italian Embassy were sent. And the person who makes Visa decisions must have looked through all of them. Dave and I have been granted five year Visas with an allowance to stay for 90 days within a 180 day period. This means that we can get on a plane anytime we want to without having the hassle of waiting for a Visa appointment, and decision to be made. I am now on the lookout for good flight specials to Amsterdam so that we can go and see where Mark and Eva live.
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
- 335 g hard feta
- 70 g pitted black olives
- 115 g sundried tomatoes
- olive oil for drizzling *
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2.5 mls dried oreganum
- freshly ground black pepper to season
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 180° Celsius
- Pat the feta dry and place into an oven proof dish
- Scatter the olives and sundried tomatoes around the feta, drizzle with oil and scatter the garlic on top
- Sprinkle over the oreganum and season with pepper
- Place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes
- Turn on the grill, lift the level of the baking tray one slot and grill for 5 minutes
- Remove from the oven and serve with lemon wedges
View the previous posts on May 23:
- 2022: Toilet Bombs
- 2021: The Volunteer
- 2018: RocoMamas
- 2016: Smoothie Mini Pops
- 2014: Friday 23 May 2014: Out And About
- 2013: Holiday To Italy
- 2012: Canderel Food Bloggers Event
- 2011: Chicken Stuffed With Avocado