It is not often that I will do a post about a specific product, unless I am reviewing it. However, Le Creuset gave me this NoMU rub when I purchased an item from them, as well as a recipe card to go with the rub.
I would not ordinarily buy a rub, as I have a spice drawer full of all lovely things, but this is one spice rub I am going to use over and over again. It has a great balance of flavours. Sadly, this is the second recipe I have followed from the series that has not worked out 100%. It may be to do with the fact that I altered this one slightly to suit my ingredients, or it may have to do with the fact that I don’t have a regular oven. What I can tell you is the flavours are great, and Dave and I used the left over sauce for another dish, on another night.
- preheat the oven to 180° Celsius
- using an oven proof casserole dish, heat 2 tablespoons ghee on your stove top on a medium heat
- sauté the onion until soft
- remove half, and set aside
- add the garlic, ginger and rub and fry until you can smell the spices
- add the cashews and fry for one minute
- place these ingredients into a blender with 250mls stock
- blend until smooth
- heat the rest of the ghee and fry the chicken pieces until well browned on all sides
- add the remaining onions, the cashew paste, the tomatoes and the rest of the stock
- put the lid on and place in the oven for 40 minutes to ensure that the chicken is cooked through
- remove the lid for the last 15 minutes of the cooking time to thicken the sauce
- I had to cook the sauce for a further 5 minutes on the stove top to ensure it was thickened enough
Click on the links for conversions and notes.