My recipe for chocolate brownies uses nougat which adds a lovely chewy texture.
I am a firm believer in the saying ‘what goes around, comes around’. I also like to be grateful for everything in my life and I try to see the positive in all situations. So, I have decided to mentally ascribe something that was meant to be horrid and hurt me to being a positive. I will see it as payback for something I may have inadvertently done in the past to hurt someone. I will view it as the wheel turning for whatever wrong I may have done previously.
We are not always aware of our wrong doings. Sometimes a well meant word can actually hurt. I often say things without thinking them out in my head first, and so I know I have been guilty of too quick a word. Sometimes our actions cause harm rather than do the good we meant them to be. And I am sure that some of the choices I have made in my twenties were not the best ones, even though they felt right at the time. So, I have mentally ascribed the person who tried to hurt me, to the positive box of my life. The point has been made and received but I think the person is wrong. I will see their words as payback for all the wrong I may have done in my life.
Some wrong doings however, are really not meant to be! This recipe is one of them. I had half a dozen recipes for brownies, and so I mixed them all together and came up with this one. The addition of chewy, yummy things to it was inspired by a recipe for Rocky Road from my friend Bev. I was then quite gobsmacked and shocked to read this is not an original recipe. And, it is so similar to the ones sold at Fifteen. It appears I have Jamie’s recipe – or dare I say it, he has mine!
- 250 g butter
- 200 g dark chocolate minimum 70% cocoa solids, broken up
- 100 g nougat cut into chunks
- 100 g small marshmallows
- 100 g cranberries
- 80 g cocoa powder
- 66 g plain flour
- 5 mls baking powder
- 350 g fructose
- 4 eggs beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180° Celsius
- line a rectangular baking tin with baking paper
- melt the butter and chocolate over a double boiler and mix until smooth
- in a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and fructose
- add the nougat, marshmallows and cranberries and mix
- add the chocolate and stir well
- add the eggs and mix in until you have a silky consistency
- pour the brownie mix into the baking tray and place in the oven for 25 minutes
- cool in the tray and remove and cut into squares