Continuing with the Tandy Tuesday theme initiated by Cindy and to help her use up that bottle of Vermouth I was inspired to make this meal of a Pea, Mushroom and Chicken Pasta.
My aim is to make a pasta dish once a week that only makes use of 5 ingredients, other than the pasta and seasoning. For this wee’s recipe i have made use of chicken, Vermouth, mushrooms and peas. We always have mushrooms in the house and there will always be peas in my freezer.
Pea, Mushroom And Chicken Pasta
- pasta of your choice
- 15 mls lemon infused olive oil
- 2 skinned chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 15 mls Vermouth
- 125 g mushrooms sliced
- 125 mls frozen peas
- start by boiling the water for your pasta and cooking it as per the packet instructions
- heat the oil in a large sauté pan
- seal the chicken and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- add the vermouth and flambé
- add the mushrooms and allow them to cook through, releasing their liquid
- add the frozen peas and heat
- toss in the pasta and enjoy!