According to Siba, you will not be able to stop at one when eating these pistachio and cranberry cookies. And she is right. You can double the batch and freeze half of the dough if you want to.
In April last year, while we were in hard lockdown, I developed a sore throat. My gut reaction was that it was the usual change of season post nasal drip I always get. But my mind did go towards was it Covid? I am sure many of us have had this experience at least once in the past year. I had another change of season bout when we transitioned into summer. I decided that if we were to go away I would get a pulse oximeter, as this would be the most reliable way of seeing if we were sick while in a foreign country. But as our holiday was cancelled I just left that on my shopping list. They were also extremely expensive in November last year. And when I thought I needed one in December, they were all sold out.
Today’s inspirational recipe from Lavender and Lime ♥ Pistachio And Cranberry Cookies ♥ #LavenderAndLime Click To Tweet
I have however kept my eyes open for one and while browsing around an independent pharmacy I saw a pile of them. The shelf was full and half the price of last year. It clearly shows that they were making a lot of money off fear. And now were sitting with excess stock as our infection rate is so low. As we are going to be away from home I decided now was the time to buy one. I got it home and tested it, and it did not work. This is so frustrating as it means driving back to the shopping centre. Which is not close to home. And insisting on a refund rather than a replacement. I will still purchase a pulse oximeter as it offers peace of mind. Especially now while I have that awful post nasal drip. Do you have a pulse oximeter?
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
Pistachio And Cranberry Cookies
- 110 g flour
- 62 g salted butter, cubed
- 47 g fructose
- 7.5 mls cold water
- 23 g dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 23 g pistachios, roughly chopped
- Place the flour into a large mixing bowl and add the butter
- Rub in with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs
- Add the fructose and water and mix to form a dough
- Add the cranberries and pistachios and mix in
- Tip out onto a piece of cling film and compress well while you shape it into a 5cm thick log
- Wrap in cling film and place into the fridge for 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180° Celsius
- Remove the dough from the fridge and cut into 1 cm slices
- Place the cookies on a lined baking sheet, leaving space in between each one for spreading
- Place into the oven to bake for 12 minutes
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely and store in an airtight container
Inspiration published on Lavender and Lime May 19:
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Top of Page