Pasta is a regular meal in our house, and you will see lots of recipes for pasta on this blog. Many are similar, but all are comforting. This recipe for Pasta With Mushrooms, Bacon And Tomato is easy to do. Gathering and cooking the ingredients will take you as long as it takes to cook the pasta! On Sunday nights we tend to make simple meals using whatever is in the fridge. These simple meals often translate to making a pasta sauce. Three ingredients that you will always find in my fridge are mushrooms, bacon and tomatoes. No weekend breakfast is complete without bacon and I call this a condiment. It adds flavour and the bacon fat can be used in so many ways.
Pasta With Mushrooms, Bacon And Tomato
This recipe takes me right back to Italy, our favourite holiday destination. Here all meals are simple and the emphasis is placed on seasonal ingredients. We have travelled all over and the variety of tomatoes that are available are endless. I like to buy one or two for the day to make sure the new variety is one we like.
Pasta with Mushrooms, Bacon and Tomato
- 200 g spaghetti
- 15 mls olive oil
- 125 g mushrooms sliced
- 125 g cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 4 rashers streaky bacon sliced
- while you are cooking the pasta heat the olive oil in a frying pan
- add the mushrooms, tomatoes and bacon and cook through
- when you drain the pasta reserve some of the water to loosen the sauce
- toss it all together in the pan and serve