This tuna green curry uses my own home-made green curry paste.
Dave and I have been very busy after work each night doing the wiring for the house we are building. It has been quite a task as the electrician we paid to do the work did a really bad job. We have had to cut into the concrete slab in the kitchen to sort out a problem and Dave eventually bought a nylon fish line to get around the corners where the electrician had made tight turns. The electrician has also made one of our plug points a light switch and the light switch the plug point. Thankfully Dave was able to swap them around behind the fireplace. We are missing a light switch in the kitchen even though it is on the electrical plans he worked off. The hardest job so far has been getting the wires down to the braai. This was the first bit of wiring Dave wanted to do as we need to get the wiring done for the swimming pool. Once the wiring for the swimming pool is complete we can get the garden leveled off and I can start planting. So, each night Dave has come home and we have worked, which has meant supper has to be an easy affair and not take too long to cook. This is one dish that takes no time at all and moreover, it was really tasty. Add more green curry paste if you like things hot, this curry was very mild.
Tuna Green Curry
- heat the coconut oil in a pan and sauté the shallots until soft
- add the curry paste and stir until you can smell the spices developing
- add the courgettes and cook for 2 minutes
- add the coconut cream and bring to a simmer
- add the carrots and leave to simmer until the carrots are soft
- add the tuna and cook for 5 minutes
- season to taste and serve with some basmati rice