I love curd, any flavour, and will have it in yoghurt for breakfast or with crumpets for afternoon tea. This is so easy to make and here I have given you a recipe for lemon curd. You can see from the old photograph below that I have also made this curd using granadilla’s. I have been asked for this recipe twice in the past couple of days which originally in my recipe book, Lavender & Lime.
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 105g fructose
- 125mls strained lemon juice
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 125g butter, cubed
- beat the eggs and egg yolks until frothy
- gradually beat in the sugar until thick and pale
- mix in the lemon juice and zest
- cook in a heavy saucepan over a low heat and stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the mixture thickens and coats the back of the spoon
- remove from the heat and beat in the butter with the wooden spoon
- place into a sterilized glass jar and refrigerate
Use within three months of making and within 2 weeks of opening
Click on the links for conversions and notes.