We love a snoek braai and for as many families that braai this fish, there must be as many recipes. Most of my friends use apricot jam, but we have a different way of doing things in our house. Here is our recipe – try it and enjoy!
- 1 whole snoek
- coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- open the snoek so it is skin side down and cover the flesh with the coarse sea salt
- leave for 20 minutes and then wash off
- pat dry
- mix together the olive oil, garlic and mayonnaise
- brush this onto the flesh (if you have a really HUGE snoek, you may need more of the mixture)
- braai flesh side down until the mayonnaise starts to melt
- turnover and continue braaing until the fish is done
Click on the links for conversions and notes.