Roast Beef Fillet in my opinion must be served rare. I don’t even mind if it is blue, but it must be warm in the centre. This roast beef was cooked to perfection and served with a truffle and mushroom sauce.
Roast Beef Fillet
- 1 beef fillet
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
- 15 g butter
- Leave the fillet out of the fridge so that it comes up to room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 180° Celsius
- Pat dry before seasoning
- Seal in a hot pan with melted butter
- For a rare steak bake for 20 minutes
- Remember to rest before slicing and serving.
This post has been added in to my 2010 posts while I tidy up my blog