I wanted to make Chicken Cacciatore but decided when I got home to use this as the inspiration for a meal that would include corn, as I also had a craving for chicken noodle soup! This resulted in my recipe for Chicken And Corn Hunter Style. I love using Italian dishes as my inspiration. I find that their use of flavours and combinations is always good. Chicken cacciatore it one of my favourite Italian dishes.
- 2 chicken thighs
- 2 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 125g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 sweetcorn, corn off the cob
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon arrow root
- 1 bundle glass noodles
- brown the chicken pieces in a casserole dish and remove
- heat the olive oil and fry the leek until it is soft
- add the mushrooms and the corn
- heat and then add the chicken and the wine
- cover with water and leave to simmer with the lid on for 40 minutes
- add the arrow root and reduce the sauce until it is thick
- boil the noodles for 3 minutes
- serve and enjoy!
Click on the links for conversions and notes.