I succeeded in creating this chocolate tiffin that closely resembled what we had in Scotland. It does not really qualify for recipe status as it is a matter of putting together ready-made ingredients. But, it is so moreish and a perfect treat.
Last year May, a local group of people started a travel information App. The service gave live time traffic reports which I found to be very helpful. The App allowed a trial period of 10 days and I was super impressed with it. For a small cost of R89 per annum I felt this was worthwhile getting. Unlike other annual subscriptions I have, this one does not automatically renew. There was a drop off in the communication and when I went into the App to see why I realized my year was up. For the convenience I decided to renew as the cost had not changed. A month ago I got this message from them:
Our current annual subscription rate cannot sustain our monthly costs and should we continue this way, we would have to close the operation. We have taken this under advisement and have decided that we need to switch to a monthly subscription of R35 via a debit order. Would you be willing to help us keep this project going by agreeing to this monthly subscription for the current services we supply?
Today’s inspiration ♥ Recipe For Chocolate Tiffin ♥ can be found on Lavender and Lime Click To Tweet
My reply to them included a few points that I thought were salient. The one being that it was very convenient to get the messages popping up on my screen instead of me having to look at Google Maps for congestion, or the local traffic report on the internet. I felt that the monthly cost of R35 was not exorbitant but what did concern me is what would happen if they didn’t get a high enough conversion rate to the monthly charge? Personally I am not happy to sign a debit order and asked them to please email me an invoice each month, and I would pay via EFT. I also asked when they were changing over to the monthly subscription. The reply came back
We changed to the monthly subscription since the end of May this year and we are in better stability now since the end of May. But we still need 500 willing to pay per month so that we can make our services free for all and employ more operators and make us 24/7. You can EFT to (bank details provided). Please use your Cell Number as Reference and email your proof of payment
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
- 110 g butter
- 60 g ginger honey *
- 10 g cocoa powder
- 230 g digestive biscuits broken into large chunks
- 50 g dried figs roughly chopped **
- 225 g chocolate minimum 70%, broken up
- Oil for coating
- Place the butter, honey and cocoa powder into a sauce pan
- Melt over a medium temperature and then add the biscuits
- Mix to coat completely and then stir in the figs
- Place the chocolate into a glass bowl and microwave in 30 second bursts until melted
- Coat a dish with a little bit of oil and then line with cling film
- Create a thin layer of chocolate on the bottom before pouring in the biscuit mixture
- Flatten as much as possible and then pour the rest of the chocolate on top
- Place into the fridge to set for at least 90 minutes
- Cut into slices and serve
** or any dried fruit you have to hand that works with chocolate