These egg free brownies are one of the best healthy treats I have tried. They are made using linseeds as the egg replacement. Also known as flaxseeds, they are great for reducing LDL-cholesterol, blood pressure and body weight.
Head straight on to the Recipe For ♥ Egg Free Brownies ♥
When you lie, you have to stick to the narrative for as long as the story plays out. And the longer it goes on, the harder it becomes to do that. This is one of the reasons that I stick to the truth. It is far easier to remember, and I like the integrity it brings to my life. Someone I am acquainted with told a series of lies 20 years ago. They have been perpetuated and harped on ever since, to ensure that the story being told has weight. However, in order to maintain the untruth she has had to keep groups of people away from one another. This is so the stories could never be compared. And the threat of the truth coming to light has turned her into a selfish person. In this entire situation there are only 2 people who need to know the truth.
Be inspired to make ♥ Egg Free Brownies ♥ #LavenderAndLime Click To Tweet
But both have lived with the lie for so long that they probably will not be able to hear it. And if they do listen to the truth and believe it, the damage could be devastating. But not hearing the real story is having worse repercussions now, so long down the road. My heart goes out to the people affected by this as it has shaped their entire lives. And my only wish for them is that they can hear the truth, believe it and still love the person who told the lie in the first place.
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
Egg Free Brownies
- 20 g linseeds
- 75 mls water
- 150 g dark chocolate, minimum 70% cocoa solids, roughly chopped
- 125 g salted butter, softened
- 200 g fructose
- 100 g flour
- Chilli salt flakes for sprinkling *
- Preheat the oven to 180º Celsius
- Place the linseeds and water into a small mixing bowl
- Stir to combine and set aside
- Place the chocolate into a glass bowl and melt in the microwave in 30 second bursts
- Once completely melted, stir and set aside
- Place the butter and fructose into a large mixing bowl and using a hand-held electric whisk, cream until light and fluffy
- Add the linseeds and chocolate and whisk until combined
- Add the flour into the bowl and use a spatula to fold in
- Pour the batter into a prepared brownie tin and sprinkle the salt flakes on top
- Place into the oven and bake for 30 minutes
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes
- Turn out onto a cooling rack and leave until completely cold before cutting
- you can use any salt flakes you have
Inspiration published on Lavender and Lime August 23:
- 2017 – Bordeaux Blending Masterclass
- 2015 – Pretty Girls
- 2013 – Sweet Cicely
- 2012 – Prawn Broth
- 2011 – Red Pepper, Sausage And Rocket Pizza
- 2010 – Granola
9 thoughts on “Egg Free Brownies Made With Linseeds”
Chilli salt flakes.. That makes it interesting..
I like using them for baking 🙂
What great timing for this recipe, Tandy. We went to the Red Roof vegetarian restaurant on Skye yesterday (Jann’s was full) and I was wondering what you can use to replace the egg.
Hope you enjoyed your meal. Sorry Jann’s was full but I’m pleased to see its still there.
Hi Tandy, thanks you for this wonderful recipe. It makes life much easier and healthier to be eating these kind of recipes now. I must invest in some chilli salt, or even make some? what an interesting addition to a brownie. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe with us. Cheers, Pauline x
I am sure you could make the salt 🙂
This so clever Tandy! Unlike that friend hehe. You’re right, you do have to commit to the long term lie which is exhausting!
It must be!