Make this quick mint and coriander chutney when you need something to accompany your vegetable curries.
I have a very small side hustle business. At one stage it had been my intention to open a health shop alongside a treatment facility. But that idea was soon scuppered when I realized it would not pay the rent. But, having established contacts in the industry, I decided to sell organic and natural products on the side. This is really more as a favour to my friends than anything else and I do not go out looking for customers. So when a friend directed someone to me, it was an added bonus. But that bonus soon wore thin. She came into the office to see what I sold, and bought one item to test. Telling me she liked the product she placed a very small order. But not wanting to let my friend down, I accepted it. This meant collecting the stock from the supplier.
Today’s inspirational recipe from Lavender and Lime ♥ Mint And Coriander Chutney ♥ #LavenderAndLime Click To Tweet
And as I didn’t want to insult my supplier with the value of the order, I added to it. All the effort to get the order placed 5 days before we closed for our annual break came to nought. No sooner was the stock in my office than she cancelled the order. Now I am sitting with goods I don’t sell, and ones I don’t use. And to her it may seem like no big deal but to me it really is. Mainly because I make a very small profit on these items. So now all of that profit will be swallowed up by stock sitting around that is not needed! Do you have a side hustle? If so, what is it?
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
Mint And Coriander Chutney
- 15 g fresh coriander
- 15 g mint leaves
- 30 mls lemon juice
- 20 mls fruit chutney of your choice
- 1 small green chilli, seeded and finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt to season
- Place the coriander, mint, lemon juice, chutney, chilli and garlic into a blender
- Blitz until smooth and season to taste
- Cover and set aside in the fridge for half an hour for the flavour to develop
- Store for up to a week, covered, in the fridge
Inspiration published on Lavender and Lime January 24:
- 2021: Marauder
- 2020: Herb Gnocchi
- 2018: Glenmorangie Whisky Weekend
- 2016: 2015 A Year In Review
- 2014: 24 January 2014 Out And About
- 2012: Crayfish Ravioli With A Bisque Sauce
- 2011: The Tavern Restaurant