This pork steak wraps were made as part of my entry into the Zespri® 14 Day Daily Scoop of Amazing Challenge.
I am budget beating at the moment by choosing meat that is reasonably priced. I am not compromising on the quality of meat I am buying. I am merely spending my money wisely by getting what is on special. For today’s recipe, I used kiwi fruit to tenderize the meat. I went with ordinary stewing steak and selected pork as that is what was available at our local market. This would work perfectly well with beef and with venison. I have a juicer so it made using the kiwi fruit really easy. What amazed me when I juiced the kiwi fruit was how little waste there was. Usually I end up with a lot of pulp. I did not take the juicer out for just this recipe, so stay tuned for another recipe using kiwi fruit juice which will appear on the blog soon.
Pork Steak Wraps
- 500 g pork steak sliced
- 1 kiwi fruit peeled and juiced
- 20 mls olive oil
- 1 leek sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
- 1 tomato chopped
- 5 sage leaves chopped
- 1 small cabbage cut in half and sliced
- Paprika for seasoning
- Tortilla wraps
- Mayonnaise and pickled carrots for the wraps
- Place the pork into a bowl and cover with the kiwi juice
- Leave to marinade for an hour
- Drain well
- Heat 15mls olive oil in a large frying pan
- Sauté the leek until soft
- Season and add the tomato and sage leaves
- Cook until the tomato is soft
- Add the cabbage and sauté until just done
- Adjust the seasoning and set aside
- Heat 5mls olive oil in the pan
- Add the pork, season, add paprika to taste and cook until done
- While the pork is cooking, prepare the tortilla wraps
- Lightly spread some mayonnaise on each tortilla
- Assemble with the vegetables, pork and some pickled carrot
- Wrap and enjoy!
Disclosure: I have been provided with 28 kiwi fruit to take part in this challenge as well as the giveaways. This post is in line with my blogging policy.
What I blogged:
- one year ago – Duck Egg Pasta