At the South African Food Bloggers Conference we were told not to make the headings of our blogs something obscure. I would love to call this recipe, the world’s best chocolate sauce – but, that is really only my own opinion. However, give it a try and I am sure you will agree. For Project Food Blog, Challenge 4 was to do a post using photographs. This would have been very challenging for me, as I only use one photograph per blog post. Here I am going to show you step by step with pictures and words, how to go about making this chocolate sauce. The recipe can be found in Lavender & Lime.
- 180g good quality chocolate, mixture of semi-sweet and dark
- ½ cup corn syrup
- ½ cup thick cream
- 30g unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla purée
- in the top of a double boiler melt the chocolate over barely simmering water
- stir in the syrup
- whisk in the cream
- add the butter and whisk until the sauce is shiny
- remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla purée
- store in a sterilized jar
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
and now in pictures:
mise en place: