In the last of the cover recipes before I review Jackie Cameron’s Cook At Home I made the braai-grilled Camembert. The recipe for Oozing Camembert is actually the one that features on the cover, but I chose to make the other recipe as it was sugar free. I was really disappointed in this recipe. It gave no weights for the Camembert, nuts or seeds and I probably could have added a few more nuts to the recipe I made below. The taste was not too bad, once I added some salt to the recipe. However, I was not sure how to top the Camembert with the mixture as there was nothing to make it ‘stick’. We did not eat all of the Camembert at once and Dave used the left over seed and spice mixture to coat some fresh tuna that we were given – that was delicious!
- Take the Camembert out of the fridge and allow to come up to room temperature
- Dry roast the spices over a low heat until they are fragrant
- Add the nuts and seeds and keep on a low heat until ready to serve
- Place the Camembert onto your barbecue and sear on both sides
- Serve with the nuts and seeds
Disclosure: I was sent the book to review by Penguin Books South Africa. This recipe forms part of the review that I will be doing and is published with permission. This post is in line with my blogging policy.
What I blogged: